Get OregonSaves working for you
We'll get the ball rolling – you will receive an email or letter in the mail from OregonSaves approximately 30 days before you are automatically enrolled in OregonSaves and payroll deductions start.
Once you have been notified, you can:
- Access your account and create a username and password
- Opt out of participating to prevent contributing to OregonSaves from your paycheck. OregonSaves will allow you to opt in whenever you are ready to start saving.
To access your account or opt out of the program you need to give this information to verify your identity:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your birthdate
- Your ZIP code
OregonSaves is here to help guide you through this quick and easy process. All you need to do is follow the directions on each page.
If you do not access your account or opt out, your savings will start automatically in about 30 days with the standard savings choices:
- 5% of your gross income earned with your facilitating employer (wages before taxes and other deductions), increasing by 1% a year until it reaches a maximum of 10%
- Your first $1,000 will be invested in the OregonSaves Capital Preservation Fund; savings over $1,000 will be invested in an OregonSaves Target Retirement Fund based on your age
- Your account will be a Roth IRA. Contributions into a Roth IRA are made after-tax and are not taxable when you remove your contributions from your account. Any earnings on those contributions could be tax free if you meet certain IRS criteria
We hope you access your account. When you do, you should:
- Verify your contact information
- Sign the account documents
- Designate beneficiaries (who will inherit your Roth IRA in the event of your death)
You can also:
- Change your contribution rate – the minimum is 1% and the maximum is 100%1
- Change your investment choices
- Learn more about the benefits of saving for retirement, Roth IRA eligibility and contribution guidelines, financial wellness resources, and more